Rocky Mountaineer Canadian Rockies Escape Circle
Picture yourself onboard the world’s leading luxury rail experience by Rocky MountaineerLearn More
You will journey through the awe-inspiring Canadian Rockies on two of the most popular rail routes and unleash your inner explorer on an exciting Icefields Parkway adventure.
October 3 to 10, 2021
The qualification period covers an 18-month period, from January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 inclusively.
4 ways to qualify:
Achieve a total of 110,000 credits and place a minimum of 45 production units.
Achieve a total of 120 production units and place a minimum of 90,000 credits.
Achieve a total of 140,000 credits and place a minimum of 55 production units.
Achieve a total of 150 production units and place a minimum of 110,000 credits.
Credits and production units can be accumulated through a combination of new life insurance policies and/or investment deposits.
Calculations are based on placed premium (not commission) amounts for insurance and deposits for investments, from January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021 inclusively.
A maximum of 10% of credits coming from life insurance and investment products purchased by advisors for themselves or their immediate family (personal policies) will be eligible for the convention. A loyalty bonus of 2,500 credits will be awarded to advisors who had qualified for the 2019 Assumption Life Advisor Convention.
Participants of the 2021 Advisor Convention shall agree to all terms and conditions outlined in the conditions of elegibilty. In addition, the advisor must be in good standing to qualify for this convention.
By participating in this Convention 2021 incentive program, participating brokers acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by the following conditions:
1. Attendance to the 2021 Convention is by invitation only and is not a contractual right. Assumption Life is responsible for making all final decisions regarding the convention. Assumption Life may, at its sole discretion, disqualify a participating broker who is under internal or external investigation and is suspected of serious misconduct, until the departure date of the Convention.
2. No substitute prizes will be awarded to the broker who qualifies but does not attend the convention for whatever reason. There will be no pro-rating of qualification requirements for brokers who join Assumption Life during the contest period. Production credits cannot be transferred from one broker to another.
Conditions of eligibility
3. Participating brokers must have a valid broker code with Assumption Life, and the broker code must remain in force and in good standing until the 2021 Convention event.
4. Eligibility for the convention is not transferable. Since the Convention may be held in an adult only facility, only eligible broker, accompanied by one adult guest if applicable (minimum of 18 years of age) may attend.
5. To qualify, you must be the only broker submitting business under your code. No MGA who is also a broker with personal production can qualify for the convention. No credit split will be accepted unless the same split is applied to commissions. All eligible brokers must follow industry and regulatory guidelines including full disclosure to their clients regarding participation in Assumption Life’s 2021 Convention. The qualified brokers and their guests if applicable must be prepared to travel in the manner set forth by Assumption Life. While personal itineraries will be taken into consideration whenever possible, any additional expenses related to such itineraries will be the sole responsibility of the broker.
6. This prize has an important business focus. As such, your presence at the Convention requires you to attend mandatory scheduled business events and presentations that will exclude your guest traveling with you. The non-business portion of the convention must be reported for tax purposes. After the convention, Assumption Life will issue T4A slips detailing the taxable benefit breakdown attributable to the broker and their guests if applicable. Assumption Life reserves the right to change the dates and/or location of the convention.
Cancellation or suspension
7. Assumption Life may, at its sole discretion, cancel, suspend, postpone or modify the terms of the Convention due to a Force Majeure Event. A Force Majeure Event includes but is not limited to the following circumstances or event : (a) acts of God; (b) flood, fire, earthquake, tsunami, epidemics, pandemics, such as the 2019 novel coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), OTHER POTENTIAL DISASTER(S) OR CATASTROPHES, or explosion; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order or law; (e) actions, embargoes or blockades in effect on or before the Convention; (f) action by any governmental authority; (g) national or regional emergency; (h) strikes, labour stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances; (i) shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities; and (j) other similar events beyond the reasonable control of Assumption Life. In the event that Assumption Life cancels the Convention, it undertakes to find alternative measures to offer its qualifying participants a prize of comparable value that will adequately recognize the excellence of their contribution to Assumption Life.
8. By participating in this prize/Convention, each participant hereby release, discharge and hold harmless Assumption Life and its affiliates, subsidiaries, managing general agencies, corporate intermediaries, and their respective employees, directors and officers, hereafter the Released Parties, from and against any liability and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the prize or Convention to perform or deliver any goods or services, any Force Majeure Event, any dissatisfaction of any kind with any aspect of the prize or Convention, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the participant, its guest, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance of the prize as awarded. The third-party contractor or supplier as referred to in this release shall include, but is not limited to travel companies, including of any air, water, or surface carrier, ship line, bus or limousine company, transportation company, hotel, restaurant, or other person or entity furnishing services, products, or accommodations as part of the Convention.
9. By participating in the prize / Convention, qualifying participant will be asked to consent in writing to the use of its name and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the prize /Convention or any publicity carried out by Assumption Life, without compensation.
10. Assumption Life reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these prize/Convention Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this prize/Convention, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever.